Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

Another 45 minutes and I'll be heading for Old Town and the usual Tues gathering of writers. Heavy overcast this morn, but blue, sunny and beautiful right now. At breakfast on the hotel patio, C said that it had rained in the night, but I never heard it. B was there before C and I arrived, eating biscuits and reading USA Today. B being former NSA, we got into a discussion about electronic surveillance capabilities today....and from there, straight into politics.

And since I expect that will be one of the subjects of conversation this evening, I'll save that till later.

Home and on my email. Had one from a writer in Colorado who is setting up a series of workshops if anyone is interested. Since he's one of the most noted workshop leaders ever, I expect people will be flying off to Colorado for the chance to work with him.

Interesting thing about that Italian reporter who was a hostage and whose car was shot at by Americans at a checkpoint in Iraq on that 7-mile stretch of road leading to the airport. She now says she thinks that they may have been wanting to kill her. I'm thinking she's full of shit for this simple reason. If they'd have wanted her dead, under those circumstances, she'd damned well be dead. Just that simple. Gawd. And I'm still waiting to find out who the hell was driving the car she was in. Not one word so far about that person. Why?

Later.
Wrap....

No comments: