Monday, March 07, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

Oh what fun. Still wrestling with Sitemeter. Now it says I have to "republish blogger pages". Republish? What the hell are they talking about? Swear to God, these people have their own language. Why can't they just say, Go here--and say where the hell here is? Say how to find it? That's so I could "do this". And they ask where the urge to kill comes from. Sheesh! As a writer, I can tell you that one of the major capital sins in writing is to "assume knowledge on the part of the reader." Tech people too often assume people trying to do what they're telling them to do, have knowledge in their field. Trust me, I for one, do not.

I owe "Special Forces Alpha Geek" a bundle because without his assistance, I wouldn't have got this far. So thanks again, SF!!!

Another great and most applicable quote from "Independent Clearing House" for which I thank them:

"As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war. God grant that my suspicions may prove groundless." : U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 - (letter to Col. William F. Elkins) - Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

* * * * *
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/west_wing_reportage/
Go here to read a blogger's first visit to the White House Gaggle and Briefing. First time a blogger has been allowed.
Wrap....

No comments: