Thursday, February 24, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

I have always liked Joe Biden because he's about as plain spoken as a six term Senator can be. When he's pleased, you know it. When he's pissed, you know that too. I believe he has character and strength and would make a terrific president...and I don't think the Repubs have anybody who could stand up to him in a fair fight. I sure hope he decides to run. Yeah!!!

Feisty Biden toying with run for president
6-term senator on California swing to gauge interest
Carla Marinucci, Robert Collier, Chronicle Staff Writers

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Outspoken Democratic Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware confirmed Wednesday that he is seriously testing the waters for a 2008 presidential run -- even as he acknowledged that Sen. Hillary Clinton would be "the overwhelming, prohibitive favorite'' to become the nominee of his party.

"I'm sounding it out,'' said Biden, 62, during an interview with The Chronicle editorial board. "In all my career, there's more at stake than any time since I've been a senator ... (and) I have some pretty clear ideas about what I think should be done.''

But Biden acknowledged that his reputation as a blunt, plain-spoken critic on foreign affairs issues -- on display recently during his confirmation hearing grilling of Condoleezza Rice -- could affect his chances. "I just don't know, very honestly, whether the Democratic Party is ready for me ... (and) would be comfortable with me as the nominee.''

Read the rest at:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/24/MNG2PBG2K11.DTL

Apologies for not hot linking that URL, but I don't know how to get that done here.
Wrap....

No comments: