Friday, February 04, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

From ABC's The Note:
How many White House reporters know that Vice President Cheney was on Rush Limbaugh yesterday helping to sell the Social Security plan?

One grad school professor's comments on teaching teachers how to teach the Constitution:

"Talk about examples! We've got citizens who
believe that Amendment II means bears can be
armed with anything, and most people haven't the
faintest idea what Amendment X means. Most
Americans think a president runs the country,
missing altogether the order of the first three
articles. I make the Constitution the
centerpiece in my social studies classes. I
refer to it as the nation's scripture. I require
that everyone read it, line-by-line, and use it
to answer a list of two-dozen questions, such as:
What authority did the Court use to rule in Roe v
Wade, Brown v Board of Education, Engle v Vitale,
and Tinker v Des Moines. I also require that
every one of them (62 divided between two classes
this semester) write three weeks worth of daily
lesson plans appropriate to a selected grade
level (K-6), anchored in a basic constitutional
principle."

To which I say, I'm grateful for guys like this...and we need more of them. Lot's more.
Wrap.

No comments: