Saturday, April 23, 2005

Um...Spirits?...

Weird thing this morning. C and I drove off to have breakfast on Marie's patio. Parked. C went in to secure a table while I remained in the car long enough to sort the morning papers out. LA Times was done. The San Diego Union-Tribune, however, has a mass of blow-in ads most mornings and this morning was no different. I just gather them up and throw them in the trash next to the building on my way in.

I took out a handful--about half an inch thick--and laid them up on the dashboard. While getting the different sections of the paper in order, two more advertising pages--slick paper--slid out and fell on the passenger's side floor. I finished getting the Times and U-T squared away, leaned over, picked up the ads on the floor, reached for the stack on the dashboard.

Man, they were gone! Disappeared. Looked all over inside the car. How they went, where they went, I have not a clue. Doors were closed, windows were closed.

Tell you what...those suckers reappear and I'm gonna have a flippin' fit!
Wrap.

No comments: