Friday, April 29, 2005

Insult to injury...

One of the writers, JJ, emailed:

YET ANOTHER QUOTE: (I just looked at the tape to verify it)

Bush says to the press as he ends his press conference: "Thank you for all your answers, and God bless our country. Goodnight."

I guess when you're that stupid, maybe press questions (at least those not set up beforehand)
do seem like answers.

Tom Blair writes in San Diego Magazine:

:Anne Rice, queen of the vampire thrillers, has given birth to her first book since moving her base to a new home in La Jolla. CHIRST THE LORD: OUT OF EGYPT is due in November from Knopf.

Whoa! Quite the jump from Lestat, the vampire, to Christ.... I just wonder what kind of Christ she has going in that book. The lady has imagination to spare. This is gonna be interesting.

So this morn, I drive into the one-way driveway at the hotel, when a guy backs out of a parking space on my left and right into me. Between trying to exchange info and calming him down, I like to never got on the patio to enjoy that wonderous first cup of black coffee which B and JJ had ready. B was outside the minute that guy's rental car nailed mine, and had his license # written down. Did that after he checked the damage to left front fender and driver's door. Hell, half the hotel staff had either seen or heard about it before I even hit the lobby on the way to the patio.

One of the worse parts, for the guy, had to be that he was at the hotel for a small conference, and of course they were just off the patio too. He did manage to get the door open so I could get out of the car, with me pushing from inside and he pulling from outside.

Only the second time I've been involved in an accident in my entire life, and in neither one was I at fault....and glad of it! But to have one before I even got near my first cup of coffee this morn was a bit much. Sheesh!
Wrap...

No comments: