Friday, April 01, 2005

Thinking about it...

Like everyone else, I'm keeping track of what's happening with the Pope, and expecting a news flash to show up on my email any second, since his body is shutting down little by little, but steadily. I'm told that the very first sign that he has died will be at a pair of open bronze doors: one of them will be closed. Fox News jumped the gun, earlier, and based on a false report, announced the Pope was dead. Immediately upon learning of their error, they went to pains to acknowledge that fact and explain how it had occured. I'm sure they're extremely embarassed and regretful. It truly was an accident.

I'm disgusted with the false information flying around concerning the Schiavo situation. And especially with Rep Tom DeLay's part in it. As well as Jesse Jackson's, Terri Schiavo's parents, various religious fundamental nutcases like Randall Terry, docs in bad odor, et al. So many people are so badly misinformed that it's just pathetic...but those same people pass on this bullshit just as fast as they can.

I wonder if they will have the decency to admit they were wrong when they learn the truth. For instance, I've just read a post on a blog where a comment was made that Michael Schiavo was having Terri's body cremated because he wants to cover up evidence that he'd abused her (he hadn't) and evidence that she wasn't as bad off as he and the doctors said. Well, no. Right now her body is at the coroners where a very extensive and well documented and witnessed autopsy will be done so that there will be no question of her condition at time of death. Then and only then will her body be cremated.

More, she felt no pain. Not only was she not able to be cognizant enough to feel pain, they made damned sure she couldn't. She's been getting morphine for some time now. 14 years in that state of nothingness, while her body began to contort, and her brain turn to liquid. That consciousness which was Terri Schiavo alive was long, long gone. I cannot imagine being left for 14 years in that state...and have made sure I won't be. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. I certainly wouldn't allow that to happen to my loved ones either.

But to turn her disaster into a political and religious football and make money because of it is, in my opinion about as despicable a set of behaviors as I've ever had the misfortune to see. Talk about disgracing yourself in the worst kind of ways. Absolutely shameful. Those people should be shunned.
Wrap.

1 comment:

Watch 'n Wait said...

Thanks, Andrew...will go take a look. Am not familar with the Scamboogh site, so now am curious about that as well. Thanks for the tip.