Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

In a couple of days or so, should have stopped flooding around the county. Bonita, down near the border has the equivalent of a river running down their streets, as does Mission Valley. I tell you, it pays to live on the mesa on bedrock. Whoa!

We still don't have a Mayor in San Diego! Oh, we have one in name for the moment, but the unbubbled bubbles in that blasted voting form next to the write in candidate, Donna Frye, is still in court, and the Mayor in name may not be when it's over...if it ever does get over. This is an outrageous situation for a city this size to be in. Even the Ohio situation seems to be settled for better or worse. Sheesh!

And I'm pissed. There's an email message from up in Julian that I don't dare highlight to read. I've tried, but an error message comes up, cannot be got rid of. Can't even get out of Outlook Express. Tried rebooting and exiting. No help. Cable company had problems the night I sent a message to the Julian person, and a weird thing happened: I'd copied and pasted the article I wanted to send. Sent it. In the process, some other article about a moose was mixed in with the article as it went on it's way to Julian. So the Julian person sent just the moose article back, and the minute I highlighted that message, there came the attack of the error screen. At this point, I can neither read about the moose nor delete the message. Nor can I close the emails out. So I'll be emailing the techs at the cable company in the morning. Something is really screwed up with that particular message, big time.

The email gods do not want me to read about that moose!

Bush has nominated two horrible choices--one for Atty Gen of the US and the other to head up Homeland Security. Both are in favor of that damnable okay to torture people. I do believe BushCo in its entirety should get a taste of that medicine they're so willing to inflict on others who are at their mercy. How they can stand up in public and have the audacity to tell the American people that torture is permissable is beyond my comprehension.
The whole crew and major portions of the Congress are absolutely corrupted by money and power and have no ethics whatsoever. They call themselves moral? What a travesty! I can hardly wait until 2006.

And why aren't the former Dem candidates for President speaking out? Where is Kucinich? Clark? Kerry? Edwards? All the rest? Dean wants to head up the DNC? Where is he on torture? He's CYA on that to not upset the people who will vote on who heads that outfit. Where is James Carville? All those consultants? I'm sure they all have their reasons for shutting their mouths and trying to stay invisible. Edwards, I'll cut some slack because of his wife's cancer problem. He's focused on her and her alone right now, as he should be. But not the rest. The rest are fearful of speaking out. The Bushies always take revenge. Always. So perhaps they're biding their time along with the good Repubs until they can actually get rid of this bunch, one way or the other. I don't know. Politics is a serious, deadly game, and one better know the consequences of every move before one takes it.

Divide and conquer. Instill fear and crisis. Terror. Religion. And you'll win...for awhile....

That's a wrap.


No comments: