Monday, January 03, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

My head is tired. Actually, I've been reading like a maniac all the damned day, so really, my eyes are tired. And so is my head. Sheesh!

The things that are going on in this world boggle the mind. Spent the driving time to and from breakfast this morning cussing what I'm hearing on the car radio. What was I hearing? DC people talking about the sad state of Social Security. What bullshit! They lie and they know they lie and they don't give a damn. Talking about how they're gonna have to cut Medicare and Medicade. Bullshit.

What they don't talk about are the reasons they really want to do both of the above. Don't get me started on the rest of what they're saying has to be done or disaster will overcome the nation.
Fear tactics to get what they want. Over and over, it's fear, fear, fear. Disgusting. All for money and power. Theirs and their buddies'.

I drink my black coffee and smoke and cuss...and turn to reading or writing.

Still think the article about that little 10 year old girl over in tsunami territory is one of the best things I've run across. She'd learned about tsunamis in her geography class, so she's with her mother on the beach. Hears about the earthquake. Sees the water recede. Remembers what she's learned...the waves come in 10 minutes from the time the water recedes. Tells her mother. They warn people. Many are saved because of the warning. The most amazing thing to me is that her mother believed her and took action. That woman knew her daughter.

I just do wonder how many parents would take seriously what a child that young says. Not enough, I'd bet. Of course much depends on the child's past record.






No comments: