Sunday, January 09, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

Hah! One of the writers in our group just emailed that he's been elected as a delegate to the State Dem Conv. Very cool! Abbas has been elected in Palestine. We'll see how cool that is..or not.

Pouring rain tonight, on and off, but just light showers all day. Huge group of folks in the hotel lobby in front of the fireplace and sitting all over the patio when C and I arrived for breakfast this morn. They're going on a cruise. Should have boarded by noon, I believe. They were waiting for shuttle buses to pick them up and take them down to one of those big cruise ships tied up at the dock downtown.

Everything and nothing to write about this eve. Just listening to the rain. Love that sound at night. Been drinking coffee, smoking and trying to finish the Sunday papers, which I have done.

Dreading Gonzales as Atty General. Consider him dangerous. He has zero empathy for anybody when it comes eliminating or torturing people. I'd go to extremes to stay out of his territory if I lived in DC, I kid you not at all. But then, of course, as Atty Gen his territory is the entire USA, so watch out.

Gonna go read more of "Overworld". What a book!
So that's a wrap for tonight.

1 comment:

Watch 'n Wait said...

Where have you been, Skye? I'd began to worry. Tell me what kind of book you enjoy...science fiction, horror, fantasy, mysteries, whatever, and I'll give you titles to consider.