Monday, January 10, 2005

Just Observing

Just Observing

I have a "favorites" list that's really long. Every now and then it takes a fit and rearranges itself with no input from me, which just drives me nuts. Takes hours to put the sites I look at almost daily back where they were. Wonder if there's a way to keep them in one place?

So we're supposed to have a real storm today. It's 5pm almost and not a drop of rain all day. Veddy veddy strange. What are those meteorologists up to down at the Conv Ctr? Hmmmm....

Now that I've said that, we're going to for sure get drowned.

Cousin down in Florida emailed to ask if all was well here. Been watching tv, saw terrible rain stories. I ask about their hurricanes, they ask about our storms. I'll take storms any day. And by the way, along about 11:30 last night there was a very small earthquake. Just a small, but very firm jolt. Trust me...I know 'em when I feel 'em. Felt like somebody hit the house with a very very well padded hammer. It's a feeling like a thump, but silent...when they're small.

So went off to bed and spent the next hour identifying various sounds: military jet engines, passenger jet engines, private plane engines, rain pounding down, train whistle, that surf sound that many cars on the freeway make, and so on. All coming through the west-facing bedroom window.

Am thinking there's a good possibility that people are going to die by the carload when they set off to vote in Iraq. Dread it. We are in one hell of a mess over there. Thank you, BushCo.


No comments: