Friday, May 27, 2005

Run like hell! (scroll down to post)

Was just over on http://sfalphageek.blogspot.com blog. That guy is something else. I'm still laughing about their having to undergo periodic tazer/pepper spray attacks. Course those guys are not gonna just stand there, which means they have to be run down and attacked. Lemme tell you, it ain't easy from what I've just read. It is, however, hilarious. Been reading this guy's blog for many a month and it's always been worth it.

S gave me a CD: "The Golden Band Era", knowing I purely admire the horn work those WWII bands did...to say nothing of the impecable timing, awesome arrangements, and phrasing they have. The current big bands, if they're really really good, also rank right up there with me. I just fall right asleep listening to the symphony though. Very selective when it comes to classical music. I flat don't like most of it, even though I spent seven years training to be a virtuoso pianist. Not my thing. Would rather dance than play any time.

Ah...that CD is playing Duke Ellington's "Mood Indigo". Now that's a classic. Nobody I've ever heard has managed to put that ache in that piece of music.

All this because of sfalpha's blog. I'm thinking of appropriate background music for those wildass guys with tazer's and pepper spray. Can see it all on film, and hear Glenn Miller's "American Patrol". Makes me laugh.
Wrap...

No comments: