Sunday, October 22, 2006

B.D., Zonker, and the great Trudeau....

[Here an excerpt from an absolutely wonderful article on Garry Trudeau, the marvelous cartoonist who does "Doonesbury". You won't find the likes of this again...]

From the Washington Post:

"As the plane begins its descent to LaGuardia, Trudeau remembers something interesting, something from his teens, when he had a summer job working at Time magazine.

"As I was walking out the building one day on my lunch break, two-thirds of a block away this spectacularly beautiful young woman in a very short miniskirt was walking toward me . . ."

Not sure where this is going, but I'm taking notes as fast as I can.

"She was in her early twenties. I was 16 and looked all of 12. You could feel it in the air, her coming at you. Her presence was destabilizing the street for a one-block radius. Guys were gawking, cars were slowing. This woman was a menace. She was walking in a confident way, with a swing to her hips.

I was geeky and shy, too shy to make eye contact. I wouldn't even have known what to DO with eye contact. My discomfort must have been obvious because, as she passes me, she leans over, her breath is warm, and she softly . . . growls in my ear."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/20/AR2006102000446.html

[Note: to continue reading click link above]

Wrap...

No comments: