Monday, May 12, 2008

Bush prohibits mad cow testing...

From Conrad via email:

First of all, allow me to tell how much I love beef. I remember those commercials with a montage of so many mouth watering meals, with a fiddle playing, "Retreat of Napoleon Bonaparte," and James Garner saying, "Beef. Its what's for dinner." Those commercials
stopped playing after Garner had a heart attack; however, I love eating shish kabob on a bamboo stick, Mongolian beef on a bed of fried rice noodles topped with green onion, or just taking a bite out of a bacon cheeseburger. Of course, the other 29 days of the month, I nuke a bowl of oatmeal then top it off with soy milk for dinner.

Well, on that one day of the month, I want my beef to be safe. For some reason, the Bush Administration is suing to prevent a company from voluntarily performing Mad Cow disease tests. Here is a link:

www.treehugger.com/files/2008/05/bush-government-sues-to-stop-testing.php#ch02

Wrap...

No comments: