Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vets outraged...and they should be...

From www.vetvoice.com :

Off To War Again. . .and Again and Again. . . .
by: war-junkie
Wed Nov 21, 2007 at 15:21:15 PM EST

(Note to Bush administration: This is not how you run a war. From the diaries - promoted by Brandon Friedman)

Well here I go. . .again. I am off for my war for my fifth tour in the "War on Terrorism". The average Vietnam vet served 365 days in country. In WWII the average soldier was deployed for two years. For this next deployment to Iraq I will spend 455 days in Iraq. As of now I have 36 months "in country". When (and if) I live through this next deployment I will have 51 months. That means I will have deployed for four years and three months total time deployed.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? Why am I spending more time in war than my father and grandfather combined? I am not sure that the government or my country has my soldiers or my best interest's at heart. Not to mention my family who goes through hell every time I deploy.

I have six soldiers who are not only stop-lossed but they are not being paid. That's right--they will be deploying with no pay. The Army has made sure that their orders for stop-loss were issued but somehow forgot to inform the finance department. Now they are fighting to pay bills, put food on their family's tables and buy the items they need for this deployment. I can't help but wonder what it's all about when one of these soldiers has to borrow money to buy diapers. Should all the NCOs' have to pool their money to pay an electric bill for a soldier?

There's More... :: (17 Comments, 298 words in story)

http://www.vetvoice.com/

[Use link above to continue reading]

Wrap...

No comments: