Friday, November 09, 2007

San Diego's Progressive Talk Radio is GONE...

Well, hell. Turned on KLSD..the progressive talk station in San Diego...somewhere around 7PM tonight, and what did I hear? Not Mike Malloy. No. Clear Channel took care of that, and what I got was, as promised, a sports talk show.

Took me no more than one second to reset the radio dial to KPBS. Never again will KLSD be heard in this office.

More, in the Business section of the San Diego Union-Tribune today was a small article noting the profit Clear Channel has earned. And they have been profitable, while KLSD Progressive Radio was on.

I will sorely miss Air American, Stacy Taylor, Ed Schultz, Randi Rhodes, Mike Malloy, et al.

There are rumors about another station taking them. We'll see. And believe me, I'll be waiting and watching.

Right now, I'm one unhappy camper.

Wrap...

2 comments:

johnnyz said...

I'm with you. AM radio in San Diego is a real wasteland of right wing nothingness. I feel betrayed by Clear Channel & Corporate radio in general.
I'm missing my daily dose of Stacy and the gang and Mike Malloy especially, but I also listened to the others too. It really made me sick today when I was listening to kgb 101.5 fm this morning and heard some asshole going on about the klsd and how they were taken off because no one listened. This is Clear Channel lies and bullshit. I've decided that any station affiliated with Clear Channel I won't listen to. Screw them all, they are anti-American and anti free speech. After all, the airwaves are there to serve us, not the other way round. What a bunch of Toadies we have owning the radio industry. Long live Progressive radio, truth, justice & the American way. Johnny Zig

Watch 'n Wait said...

Hi Johnny...We definitely stand agreed. So I'm listening to KPBS and 1070 AM...LA News station. Be a cold day before KLSD touches my radio dial again...As Malloy says: "Rat bastards."