Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Senator Barbara Boxer...Standing tall as always!

Email from Senator Barbara Boxer:

Thank you for writing to me about the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and General Peter Pace's discriminatory comments toward homosexuals. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

I strongly disagree with General Pace's comments. Despicable comments like those used by General Pace to characterize gays and lesbians have no place in our society. I strongly believe in equal rights for all Americans, including the right to serve in the armed forces. To date, thousands of homosexual men and women have served in the United States military. Their service should be honored, welcomed, and respected.

A bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives by Representative Martin Meehan that would repeal the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and allow people to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation. I support this bill and hope to see this discriminatory policy overturned in the 110 th Congress.

Again, thank you for writing to m e about this important matter.
Please know that I will continue to work for full equality for all Americans both in military and civilian life.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

Wrap...

No comments: