Monday, July 10, 2006

America...

Strange thing...On and off I find myself playing "America, the Beautiful" while I'm working away on this machine. It sort of makes me sad. No...it does make me sad for the America that was before George W Bush and his people stole the office of the presidency.

So I listen to the song that I've long thought would be a wonderful national anthem, with longing. I would so much like America to return to living up to its promise. The nation where the good people are. The free people. The honorable and brave people. As represented through our elected officials and our deeds.

The people of our nation have been...to put it into current slang...dissed by those same elected officials in the worst kind of ways. We are disgraced. We are hated by the rest of the world. We are shamed.

Yet the people in this administration are proud of themselves.

I'm sad...and very, very angry.

No comments: