Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fireworks to ComicCon....

Right now I'm listening to fireworks going off at SeaWorld. Sounds as tho we're being bombed...especially with the guy next door cheering something. Must be watching television. And the fan in my office here is just whirring away.

So I'm wondering who invented electric fans. Man, he/she did a priceless thing. Probably got the idea from people fanning themselves with whatever was handy.

I'd bet that most people who live in houses or older apartments in San Diego don't have air conditioning. Just don't need it with the ocean breezes and our normal temps. Sure is good to walk into a place that does have it when the weather gets as hot as it's been the last couple of days.

But tomorrow morn, I'll be having breakfast on a sidewalk type patio, high up on a hill in Old Town, where I can see across the harbor to Pt Loma, and if there's even the slightest breeze, it's gonna be coming down that patio. Have to wear 3 or 4 layers of shirts in colder weather, plus get the guys to turn on the portable patio heater next to my table.

Won't be long now till ComicCon International hits the Conv. Ctr. Somewhere around 130,000 people at least. Every hotel and motel room in town will be full to the rafters, and the trolleys as well. To say it's an experience is an understatement. Been there, done that. Enjoyed.

Wrap...

No comments: