Thursday, June 30, 2005

A couple of books coming...

From Publishers Lunch:

Foreign Service officer Judith Heimann's THE AIRMEN AND THE HEADHUNTERS, about a group of American soldiers shot down over Japanese-occupied Borneo during World War II, rescued in the jungle by blowpipe-carrying Dayak tribesmen, who risked torture and death to take the airmen under their protection, eventually helped them return home, and formed their own tribal army that played a pivotal role in liberating one of the Japanese Army's last strongholds, to Andrea Schulz at Harcourt, for publication in spring 2007, in a pre-empt, by Eric Simonoff of Janklow & Nesbit (world).

Hal Vaughan's FDR'S TWELVE APOSTLES: The Vanguard of Gentlemen Spies for the Invasion of North Africa, recounting the secret mission of a dozen Ivy League bluebloods who served in Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia and navigated a web of espionage and treachery through the casbahs and souks to pave the way for Operation Torch, the invasion of North Africa, to Rob Kirkpatrick at Lyons Press, in a nice deal by Ed Knappman of New England Publishing Associates (world). ed@nepa.com

Journalist Daniel Kalder's LOST COSMONAUT, in which this self-proclaimed anti-tourist travels to countries where no one else wants to go, weaving a narrative full of history, peculiar places, and even stranger people, to Brant Rumble at Scribner, by Emma Parry at Fletcher & Parry.

Professor of marine biology at the University of Liverpool and author (dubbed "Bill Bryson underwater") Trevor Norton's UNDERWATER TO GET OUT OF THE RAIN, an account of a lifetime love affair with the sea, mixing eccentric salty characters, the mythic lore of sea creatures, and humorous misadventures with marine science, to Merloyd Lawrence at Merloyd Lawrence Books/Da Capo, for publication in spring 2006, by Century/Random UK (US).lissa.warren@perseusbooks.com

Young polymathic scientist Adrian Woolfson's IMMORTALITY AND THE ART OF LIVING WELL. about our hunger for immortality and the disastrous consequences of its achievement, drawing on science, philosophy and history to describe humanity's deepest fantasy: that death might somehow be deniable, to Toby Mundy at Atlantic Books, for publication in early 2007, by David Godwin at David Godwin Associates (world).louisebrice@groveatlantic.co.uk
Wrap...

11 comments:

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

8709 said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

jon said...

After we paid for our kids northeast summer camp we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

BlueSkies said...

Fantastic work on your blog, I'm definitely going to come back and visit.
Just to let you know, I have a site based on gatwick valet parking It pretty much covers Travel Related Stuff
and offers Cheap Flights, Car Rental, Cruises, Holiday Taxi Transfers, Airport Lounges and much more,
if you're travelling soon take a look you could save a bundle on your next trip.Click Here

Trog said...

Nice blog I have one myself great idea aus betting horse racing

Clickbank Mall said...

Save up to 60% on UK airport parking and hotels with Holiday Extras. Best prices guaranteed for hotels and parking manchester

Marketing man said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you.
I have a targeted direct email marketing site. It pretty much covers targeted direct email marketing related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my counseling education health sexual sexually
site. It pretty much covers counseling education health sexual sexually
related stuff.

Rich Molumby said...

I have a Turnkey Royalty Free site/blog. It pretty much covers making money on the web.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Secret Confession

Norbury Travel said...

Hi there, I hope you don't mind but I Just wanted to let you know about my site based on manchester airport parking but it also covers Travel Related Stuff
such as Cheap Flights, Car Rental, Cruises, Holiday Taxi Transfers, Airport Lounges and much more,
if you or your friends are travelling soon you could save a bundle on your next trip.Click Here