Thursday, March 05, 2009

Smokers...

So I stopped at Robby's liquor store to pick up 2 lotto tickets this morning and he gave me a heads-up:

First thing this morning, the price of a pack of smokes went up $1.00. That's $1.00 per PACK!!! Thus $10 per carton.

Those of us who smoke are a vulnerable population. Easy to trash, easy to tax. We're a deadly danger to non-smokers supposedly. I'm still waiting for somebody to drop over dead having caught a whiff of my smoke. Outside. Think I'm gonna wait a long long time.

An LA Coroner once said that in examining corpses, he could always tell whether that person had lived in the city, but couldn't tell if they smoked.

Me, I have a question: Would you rather be a passenger in a car with a driver who smoked or one who drank? Check out the accident reports.

More, when it comes to language, pay attention: Smoking-RELATED deaths...Related how? To what degree? No question that one covers any and every situation...accurately or not.

Question #2: There's a choice: Do they want the smokers to quit smoking? Or do they want that tax money? Seems to me to be opposing aims.

Needless to say, I am not happy.

Wrap...

No comments: